Vehicle Maintenance Foreman (2nd Shift)
GreyStone Power Corporation
- Implement and oversee the Performance Management of nightshift employees including, providing feedback, performance appraisal, and training.
- Prepares the nightshift maintenance operation schedule and coordinate shop scheduling with the dayshift supervisor to insure maximum efficiency and minimize the downtime of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs diagnostic and service work on all vehicles and makes service calls for the GreyStone Power fleet.
- Performs annual inspections on bucket trucks, derricks, and other equipment.
- Performs major maintenance rebuilds, remounts and re-certifications on bucket trucks, line trucks, and other mounted equipment.
- Coordinates service and repair of vehicles by outside vendors.
- Directs/performs emergency repairs.
- Directs/performs welding, fabrication, minor bodywork, and paint repairs.
- Coordinates wrecker or towing services.
- Prepares parts and material order requests on all work, insuring that requests are accurate and complete for purchase orders to be placed in a timely manner.
- Reviews the receiving of the nightshift parts orders to ensure accurate account coding.
- Inspects completed work looking for proper operation, and evidence of quality workmanship.
- Reviews nightshift mechanic timesheets and repair orders for accuracy and completeness of parts charges, labor charges and work descriptions, and forwards all paperwork for further processing.
- Recommends the replacement of GreyStone vehicles.
- Insures the shop environment is kept neat, clean, safe, and meets all OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Enforces safety rules, regulations and procedures on the nightshift.
- Notifies the Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance of any safety hazard noted on vehicles or equipment.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Requires 10 years’ experience in vehicle maintenance and mechanic work including mobile hydraulic major maintenance procedures and other electric utility equipment experience.
- Proven ability in vehicle diagnostics, welding, fabrication, and installation of truck-mounted equipment is preferred.
- Able to operate vehicle shop equipment.
- ASE Master Certification in Truck Equipment or Medium/Heavy trucks preferred.
- Fluid Power Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Requires DOT Inspection Certification.
- Must satisfactorily pass the EMC's employment physical examination and required drug screens.
- Requires a valid Georgia Commercial driver's license.