Associate Degree Nursing Program Chair Director
West Georgia Technical College
Position: Associate Degree Nursing Program Chair Director
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean School of Nursing
FLSA Designation: Exempt; works minimum of 40 hours per week
Nature of Duties: Works with ADN faculty to ensue lesson plans for classroom instruction meet the requirements of the college; Works with faculty to develop student learning outcomes, program curriculum, syllabi, goals, and objectives; Assists in the evaluation of students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives; Participates in the development of program budget and maintains supplies and equipment; Maintains program accreditation requirements (ACEN) and Georgia Board of Nursing regulatory requirements; Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports; attends professional development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences; ensures safety and security requirements are met in the discipline area; meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues; assists with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts. Teaches nursing courses as necessary in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Works with program faculty to assess and evaluate program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Position may require committee and project assignments or other duties as assigned as well as day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
A program director/chair is a full time faculty member of the College that is responsible for providing leadership in their discipline to help ensure the quality and success of their program or department.
- Participates in and may help with the search and selection activities for adjunct faculty.
- Works with faculty to provide for mentoring of new full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Coordinates the selection and application of course materials including text books, instructional supplement and aids, and instructional technology.
- Provides leadership in their discipline in identifying Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and ensuring that content and instructional activities are integrated into course delivery that will result in students achieving the desired outcomes, and documenting their attainment.
- Coordinate the establishment of goals, pursuit of improvement initiatives identified by the College, and the participation of program and department faculty in Quality Enhancement Teams.
- Assist the Dean in providing documentation of activities required by the Performance Accountability System including the activities of the Advisory Committees.
- Serves as a faculty representative for their individual program on committees, marketing initiatives, external industry and professional contact.
- Serves as a program faculty representative in coordinating accreditation/state board compliance responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications: (candidates must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Masters of Science in Nursing from regionally accredited institution
- Unrestricted Georgia License as a Registered Nurse
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience in a nursing education program leading to initial registered nurse licensure or completion of a higher degree in nursing
- Masters of Science in Nursing Education from regionally accredited institution
- Earned PhD or EdD
- One year of administrative experience in Nursing Education
- CNE Certification
- Experience using Kaplan for student assessment
Salary/Benefits: State of Georgia benefit package
Method of Application: Interested candidates must complete the electronic application process prior to the closing date at www.westgatech.edu. Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.