Executive Director of Assessment, Institutional Research, and Planning
West Georgia Technical College
Position: Executive Director of Assessment, Institutional Research, and Planning
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Reports to: Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Nature of duties: Under general supervision, oversees the operation of research support unit; directly supervises Administrative Support Assistant and Coordinator of Research. Responsible for coordinating institutional planning, research, assessment, evaluation strategies, trend analysis for environmental scanning, and other processes supporting Institutional Effectiveness systems and processes at the College. Ensures that meaningful, appropriate, and accurate data and supporting documentation is available to meet the decision-making needs of the College. Position requires experience in methodologies of evaluation, assessment, survey research, statistics, and data analysis. Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills are desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in education, business management or closely related fields *AND* Three (3) years of work experience in postsecondary education
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in education, social or behavioral science, mathematics, or other applicable field AND minimum two (2) years of related work experience in postsecondary education.
- Knowledge of college and program-specific accreditation standards
- Knowledge of institutional effectiveness assessment strategies
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to the operation of postsecondary institutions and specifically, two year or technical colleges
- Experience coordinating and maintaining activities related to accreditation for a college (preferably two-year institution) and its academic programs.
- Experience coordinating and supporting the strategic planning process for a college.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation and assessment in a formal educational setting.
- Experience in methodologies of evaluation, assessment, survey research, statistics, and data analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office; competent with job-related, statistical, and survey software packages such as SPSS, SAS, Tk20-Watermark, EMSI, or similar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with faculty, staff, students, and administrators at all levels of the College.
Salary/Benefits: Salary range Mid $60s, commensurate with previous work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, vacation, retirement, personal and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should apply through electronic application system at: WGTC Job Center. Unofficial transcripts, resume and proof of applicable certifications/licensures are required for consideration.
Note: Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.