Radiologic Technology Program Director
West Georgia Technical College
Program Director Job Announcement
Position: Radiologic Technology Program Director
Location: Douglas Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Divisional Academic Dean
FLSA Designation: Exempt/Full-time, works a minimum of 40 hours per week
Nature of Duties: Under minimal supervision, oversees Radiologic Technology program to include clinical and didactic portions, accreditation, budget and administrative needs of program and college.
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited radiologic technology courses
- Develops program curriculum, syllabi, goals, and objectives; evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Establishes, measures, and evaluates program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success.
- Correlation of clinical education with didactic education using approved curriculum format
- Periodic revision of course materials and manuals
- Maintains JRCERT accreditation; knowledge of accreditation policies and procedures
- Maintains assurance of effective program operations
- Manages ongoing program assessment
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepares/plans budget requests
- Attends professional development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Teaches radiologic technology courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field.
- Evaluation and advisement of students in a didactic/clinical setting
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the discipline area
- Assists with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts.
- Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population.
- Position may require committee and project assignments or other duties as assigned as well as day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institutions or universities.
- Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) current registration in Radiography
- Documents three years clinical experience in the professional discipline (radiography)
- Documents a minimum of two years’ experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with JRCERT Accreditation process
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Knowledge of ANGEL or Blackboard online formats
- Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists current certification in other related disciplines.
Salary/Benefits: Georgia State benefits package
Method of Application: Interested candidates must complete the electronic application process prior to the closing date at https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_WestGaTech/JobListings/joblistings.aspx. Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Employment is offered on an as needed semester term with no guarantee of future continued employment.