Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing
Silver Line Windows by Andersen
Andersen Corporation is the market leader and most recognized brand among builders in the window and patio door industry with +11,000 employees. The Andersen Division features product lines like Silver Line®, American Craftsman®, 100 Series, 200 Series, 400 Series, A-Series and E-Series. In 2006, Andersen Corporation purchased Silver Line Window and Door Company. Now known as Silver Line by Andersen Corporation, which is the #1 manufacture of vinyl windows and doors that are energy efficient, low maintenance solution that add beauty and charm to any home.
PURPOSE OF MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ROLE: Responsible for providing multi-skilled maintenance support focused on customer service, quality, cost and productivity in a TPM environment. Has ability to show technical proficiency in one or both of the following specialized fields Mechanical and or Electrical.Benefits:
PURPOSE OF MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ROLE: Responsible for providing multi-skilled maintenance support focused on customer service, quality, cost and productivity in a TPM environment. Has ability to show technical proficiency in one or both of the following specialized fields Mechanical and or Electrical.
- Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within both fields of the Maintenance Technician Apprentice and Technician levels I & II.
- Set up, adjust and maintain assigned equipment with a responsibility for production and quality on equipment.
- Electrical Skills -Use volt-ohm-meter (VOM), to measure AC/DC current, AC/DC voltage, and resistance for trouble shooting.
- Understand functions of components and operating features of relays, circuit breakers Programmable Logic Controllers, motor encoders, motors and sensors.
- Ability to work at 480 volts ac/dc and troubleshoot.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance programs for electrical.
- Understand of Lock Out Tag Out and Arc Flash
- Understand components, operation, inspection and maintenance of various types of valves including safety valves and air valves.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair, and reassemble Gearbox.
- Observe and understand equipment sequence of operation and configuration to isolate failure and perform root cause analysis
- Organizing and carrying out preventative maintenance programs.
- Understand characteristics and operation of foreign industrial equipment, systems and their components, and the safety hazards associated with them.
- Observe and understand pneumatic sequence of operation and configuration to isolate failure and perform root cause analysis
- Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, performs scheduled maintenance.
- Analyzes mechanical, electrical and operational problems on assigned equipment.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- PC skills.
- Minimum of a Class A Journeyman License required, or working towards and obtaining
- currently possessing an Electrical qualifications and or Mechanical field qualifications.
- Time served experience in the maintenance field.
- Must be available to work on call as needed.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression